Monday, November 11, 2013

How Plastics Are Made

Did you know!!!!



  • Plastic is made using a variety of chemical and refining processes that turn single molecules called monomers into long chains called polymers.
  • The main types of raw materials used to make plastic are fossil products, such as crude oil and natural gas.
  • Producing new plastic from recycled material uses only two-thirds of the energy required to manufacture it from raw materials.




This week I think is going to be one of the hardest for me. My purpose of starting this blog is to try to educate other as well as myself on the importance of recycling. I try to find pictures to go alone with the topics I am discussing that week. This topic as a lot of pictures of how it is directly effecting the sea life. Theses pictures are very sad and disturbing. There is a part of me that doesn't want to post those type of pictures because of how disturbing they are. There is another part of me that says maybe I should show them. Everyone should know this is whats happening because many of us are choosing not recycle.



Gabriel and Sons Recycling
619-722-0393
http://www.gnsrecycling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment